Thursday 27 October 2011

Passing on the tradition

I know it's old-fashioned, but I just love bringing out the silverware (the teapot, decorative spoons, tea strainer) and my pretty collection of teacups to share with my friends. I let my friends choose their favourite cup so I can ask why they selected it. A story or reason will unfold that is a joy to be heard.



I recall one friend who boldly asked "This is so me, can I please have it?" as she adored the turquoise and gold-rimmed tea set that reminded her of Tiffany & Co. and also matched the jewellery and clothing she was wearing.


"You're right! It is your style but sorry, that teacup and saucer belonged to my Great Grandmother".
"Oh, I am so honoured to be drinking from it" she respectfully responded.
I have a daggy saying, Sharing is Caring. And sharing my precious teacups with my friends shows that I enjoy their company and the conversation that follows.

I wonder if my Great Grandmother did the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment